J's favourite seafood meal is lobster and mine is definitely anything with scallops in it - pasta, risotto, grilled, seasoned, baked, you get the point. If you love scallops too, this is a recipe that you need to try! Not only is it super easy to make and requires minal clean up, it is also a very filling and tasty appetizer for any dinner party for get together. In our case, it was even better with scallops from PEI, which are much larger, juicier and richer than the ones we have bought in the grocery story. Truthfully, I have never eaten such meaty, flavourful scallops before. However, if you are able to find some large scallops at a local seafood store, this would be a great way to cook them up for you and your guests. Looking for a way to add a little heat and zest? Add a jalapeño aioli to dip them in!
1 lb. Scallops
1/2 lb. Bacon
Sprinkle of Sea Salt
Sprinkle of Pepper
- PREP IT. Turn on the broiler on your stove and lightly spray a large cookie sheet.
- WRAP THE SCALLOPS. Cut the bacon strips in half and gently wrap it around one or two scallops, securing it with a tooth pick.
- LAY THEM OUT. Lay each of the wrapped scallops on the greased pan with the open ends facing up.
- COOK. Place the pan under the broiler for 8-10 minutes. Flip the scallops and put back under the broiler for another 8-10 minutes.
Ensure the bacon is cooked through and place on a plate lined with paper towel. Let cool for 1-2 minutes.
- SERVE. Move the cooked scallops from the lined plate to a serving plate. Put out with your favourite dipping sauce.
Love this recipe? Share it!